The Perfect PancakeTown Centre
Pancake day is fast approaching, and if you fancy making your own from scratch, just follow this simple recipe.
1. Place 125g of plain flour and 1 pinch of sea salt into a large bowl
2. Crack in 3 large free-range eggs and pour in 250ml of milk
3. Whisk well until you get a smooth batter, or alternatively blitz it all in a liquidiser. Leave to one side for 15 minutes
4. Place a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Once hot, rub a knob of butter around the pan so it melts
5. Pour in 1 ladle of the batter
6. Lift the pan off of the heat and tilt it so that the batter spreads all over the base
7. Place the pan back on the heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the batter starts to come away from the sides and you can remove it easily from the pan
8. Once golden underneath, flip the crêpe over and cook for a further minute until cooked through
You can then smother your pancake in whatever delights you prefer, it could be the simple Lemon and sugar or ice cream and honey?
All ingredients can be bought from stores such as M&S, Tesco and Iceland in the town centre, frying pans can be bought from Beales, Palmers, Kerry's and M&S.
Or you could cheat and buy the ready made Pancakes from some of the above stores, just don't tell anyone!